WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department says the body and possessions of soccer journalist Grant Wahl have been repatriated to the United States after his death last week while covering the World Cup in Qatar. The department says Wahl’s remains and his belongings arrived at New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport around 8:30 a.m. ET. They were accompanied by a consular official from the U.S. embassy in Doha who had had custody of Wahl’s remains since shortly after he collapsed and died during Friday’s match between Argentina and the Netherlands. State Department spokesman Ned Price says the U.S. has seen no indication of any foul play in Wahl’s death and that Qatari authorities have fully cooperated.
Soccer journalist Grant Wahl’s body returned to US
WJBD Staff
Dec 13, 2022 | 6:57 AM
The Latest

One Person Injured in Downtown Centralia Crash on Sunday
17m ago
73-Year-Old Centralia man faces four felony charges after allegedly trying to meet juvenile for sex
18m ago
Car Hydroplanes Off I-57 During Heavy Rains; Ends Up Floating in Water
29m ago
Police Beat for Tuesday, May 19th, 2026
41m ago
Lady Cats Soccer Season Ends To Top Seed....Mt Vernon Heads To Triad Today
6h ago
ArturVerkhovetskiy / Depositphotos.com
Weather Plays Havoc With IHSA Softball Regionals
6h ago
Nearly 5 Inches of Rain in Salem; Green Street Road Reopens
6h ago
Congratulations South Central Class of 2026
22h ago
167 Graduate in Class of 2026 at Salem Community High School on Sunday
23h ago
Centralia Man Faces Four Criminal Sexual Assault Charges Following Incident at Birthday Party
May 18, 2026
Fire Destroys Detached Shop at rural Salem Home
May 18, 2026
Centralia Lake to be Treated with Algaecide on Thursday
May 18, 2026
We use cookies for various purposes including analytics and marketing. By continuing to use this service, you agree to use cookies by us and our third-party service providers as described in the Privacy Policy.
